I started public speaking only about two years ago and since then I feel it was my calling. When I go up there on stage I get hugely energized, I love the crowd and my energy goes up many times. Larger the crowd more the energy. I had been studying the greatest speeches and I found these secrets of great public speaking. It’s my belief that every single human being can be a great speaker and their words can impact the world and make it a better place.
1. The first secret is about words. Words can be the best and most impactful but they touch only 7%. Content is only a very small part of any great speech. It’s about how its
2. The second one is Voice modulation and it’s 38 %. The tone, the variation in your voice, enthusiasm, energy, and
3. The third one is Body language it’s 55%. This is the most important part of any great speech. Body language is about looking into someone’s eyes instead of looking over your head not connecting with the audience. So the words, tone, and body language these are the three vehicles the three pathways through these the great communication happens
4. Fourth is Having a conversation, having a dialogue instead of monologue. Most people are afraid of public speaking to the point of turning down speaking assignments. They can be political leaders, business leaders. They turn down opportunities to shape the world because they are scared and there are reasons why people are scared . in my experience the number one reason is that we don’t know what public speaking is. We don’t know the true definition of public speaking. Public speaking is nothing more than having a conversation from your heart about something you are an expert at and passionate about. If you think its performance you are going to be zero per cent you and a hundred per cent actor. The audience doesn’t get the experience and feel who you are. I don’t want you to give ever-ever another speech. That’s what, not great speakers do. They don’t give a speech they don’t give a performance they don’t make a presentation to the audience they have just conversation with the audience.
Princess Diana once said “wish I could speak like Prince Charles. He just stands there on the stage and tells jokes”. But she had something which Charles didn’t have. It was to touch people to connect with people. She just started sharing from the heart she had and people loved her. It’s not about giving a speech telling a joke it’s about sharing from your heart
5. There are three ways of communicating. Visual, Auditory and Kinesthetic. Its called VAK. If you communicate through one of them it won’t work. Communicate through just two of them you won’t be as good and communicate through all of these and you are going to rock the world. Because you will be giving something to every audience they can connect with
6. Even if you have none of above still you can be a great speaker. And that is your AUTHENTIC PASSION. it’s your passion your energy and enthusiasm?
The speeches which had created huge impacts in the world and changed the world.
Everyone who studies public speaking puts these speeches on the list.
These 3 speeches of John F Kennedy.
He is in his 40s a whole new era for America and the world. His famous speech what “Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.”
The world became a different place because of that speech.
His second speech in Berlin “Ich Bin Ein Berliner”. They are suffering and he goes there and says they are not alone.
His third speech “We are going to the moon” he is talking about his authentic passion. Listen to the details. Notice this is such a visionary leader he commits himself that the US will go to the moon even at that time they didn’t know how to do that. How amazing was that? Sadly he didn’t live to see that happen. But he made it happen through his vision and impacting the world through that speech.
Another speech which changed the world by MARTIN LUTHER KING “I have A dream”. This speech shook the world.
His second speech “I have been to the mountain top”. This is the most powerful speech in the history of mankind. This is the last speech he gave he died the next day.
The 2004 Speech that made Obama President.
I am very passionate about public speaking and I want to be one of the Best Motivational Speaker in India and the world. I love to share my 40 years of Tajurba (experience) with the world. I have an amazing journey from being born in a refugee colony, a job of Rs 300 a month to 300 times oversubscribed IPO followed by a presidential award. I have an epic story and unique experiences. Watch my TEDx speech.
So are you afraid of public speaking? You are not alone. Half of the people on this planet have this fear. The way over that is to see as a conversation. ask yourself this one question what is my one unique passion what is it I am passionate about. Something that your unique DNA contained in every one of your 50 trillion cells and 50000 atom bombs worth of energy just has to contribute? Giving speeches, sharing your passion and making the world a better place. Every single person has the ability in their own way to break through to make the world a better place to bring that passion out and to create an impact that will change every single thing on the planet and indeed make the world a better place. I encourage you please step through that fear, share your passion share who you are authentically and make that difference.